Shop online today and save 30% + Free Shipping
Está a punto de ingresar a una página que solo existe en Inglés. Agradecemos su paciencia mientras mejoramos nuestro sitio. Disculpe las molestia.x
District Manager - (Optical Retail) - Full-Time - National
Job ID: 1044858
Date Posted: 05/17/2019
Farmers Branch, TX
District Manager - (Optical Retail)
Are you looking for a career that will bring you “home?” A career with a company that has one of the absolute best store leadership teams on the planet?! Well, you just found it!
One of the nation’s TOP optical companies, Eyemart Express is seeking a is seeking a seasoned leader with at least 3 years of multi-unit retail OPTICAL RETAIL experience to help us drive our strong growth and amazing service to the pinnacle of the industry. For nearly 30 years, Eyemart Express has been setting the pace and the standard when it comes to delivering an awesome customer experience along with great prices and the fastest service anywhere! We have full-service labs in every one of our stores! And we’re growing every year with new stores opening throughout the country. Your career growth potential is endless!
So, if you’re looking to join a company that leads the industry in service, quality & speed, and that is rapidly expanding to well over 200 stores, then Eyemart is the place for you! If you have the drive, the talent, along with the leadership experience in bringing teams together and exceeding goals, then we want to talk to you. Take a look at some of the things the role consists of and send us your resume today!
Under the direction of their Regional Vice President, the general responsibilities of this position are to manage store operations on a district level, ensuring that proper training, financial controls and inventory controls are consistent throughout the district. This is a leadership role, responsible for the enforcement of all company policies and procedures. This role is also responsible for establishing stores’ sales goals, budgets and cost controls, human resource functions (recruiting, training, coaching, counseling, and termination), P&L control, A/R control, store facility maintenance, and for establishing and maintaining positive doctor relationships.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communication: District Managers are expected to continually update their RVP on all issues pertinent to their stores’ success.
- Presence: DMs are expected to work 5 full days per week, and to conduct a full audit in each store twice a year. The District Manager should receive daily sales from their assigned stores, and investigate any abnormalities.
- Manage District Operations to meet all company standards, through training and development of assigned stores’ management teams. Directly manage store managers: assign duties, establish performance standards, hire, train, motivate, mentor, counsel, measure performance, and terminate when appropriate and with prior HR approval.
- Support – Provide support and training to managers at assigned stores.
- Attitude – The DM leads by example, with a “hands-on” approach to all tasks, demonstrating best practices in store operations.
- Training - Assist store management with hands-on training of associates.
- Serve as a model of Eyemart chemistry, standards, policies, goals, and objectives. Stores with identified process problems will require more frequent and longer visits to provide appropriate support.
- Performance Management:
- General / Retail Managers: Fully develop all assigned General Managers, so that they in turn can train and develop their associates. Through stores’ GMs, ensure that all stores’ sales goals are at or above company standards, seeking to maximize the stores’ gross sales wherever possible.
- Lab Managers: Assist GMs in training and development of their Lab Managers, ensuring that they have all resources and opportunities to meet or exceed their job expectations.
- Train and develop assigned District Lab Manager, ensuring they provide adequate lab support to the district.
- Maintain excellent communication with all assigned store managers, ensuring that they themselves are enforcing store policies and procedures, customer service standards, and lab quality.
- Customer Service: Assist store managers in resolving customer complaint issues, using each complaint instance as an opportunity to train the manager to be able to avoid similar complaints in the future. Handle any escalated customer complaints, including refunds, with the assistance of the home office customer service department. Train stores to provide total patient satisfaction.
- P&L Control: Establish and monitor stores’ budgets, and manage within that budget when implementing staff pay rates, supply purchases, equipment repairs, and all other store expenses.
- Ensure that all collection policies and procedures are maintained and are effective, resulting in a 60-day or less turn around for collection of all owed payments.
- For example: receiving stock, maintaining proper merchandising as per home office guidelines, monthly inventory, following proper remake procedures. Maintain current edit audit logs to prevent inventory loss, and follow and enforce company procedures for employee discounted purchases.
- Reporting: Ensure stores are accurately reporting payroll hours, sales data, daily closing reports, ban the accuracy of all corporate reporting, to include payroll, sales data, daily closing reports, bank deposits, daily reconciliation, etc.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5-7 years of experience managing a retail store focused on customer service and sales
- 1-3 years of optical experience is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Customer-focused attitude and hands-on approach to the work.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of retail optical best practices.
- A history of successful retail optical management.
- Ability to travel 80% - 100% of the time.
- Excellent problem-solving / judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion regarding management decisions and directives, and general employment information.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.