Lens Area Shift Lead - Full-Time
Job ID: 1143217
Date Posted: 09/08/2019
Farmers Branch, TX
Lens Area Shift Lead - Distribution Center Process Assistant
Farmers Branch, TX
The Lens Area Process Assistant is a member of the Eyemart Express Distribution Center team and will be responsible for their designated process within the overall day to day operation, metrics and 5S in support of the lens area process performance goals. The Lens Area Process Assistant is also responsible for exception handling to ensure timely and accurate flow of product through their area of responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Distribution Center Manager to plan labor and productivity goals for each shift and attend daily production meetings to coordinate with DC leadership in support of overall DC operations.
- Monitor daily operations within the designated process path and advise DC Manager on labor changes based on operational metrics throughout the shift.
- Process and control exception handling generated by your designated process path.
- Accountable for successful operation of your designated process with respect to task completion, work in progress management, exception processing management, 5S maintenance and enforcement, and safety metrics.
- Monitor and analyze performance and operational data within your designated process path. This includes but is not limited to cycle time, first pass yield, units per hour, throughput, inventory accuracy, quality and safety.
- Advise DC Manager on process improvement projects and Kaizen events.
- Organize, plan, and execute training of associates that work in your designated process path.
- Maintain 5S standards within the area of operations of your designated process path.
- Execute operational, process, labor, and 5S changes on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis with the approval of the Warehouse and Distribution Manager.
- Review operational performance of your designated process path with the DC Manager on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Perform direct roles both within and outside of your designated process path when necessary or when directed to do so by the DC Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in warehouse and distribution operations.
- Able to read a base curve chart
- Able to read prescription information
- Able to select proper lens to support prescription and frame information
- Able to adjust lens material to support prescription and frame information
- Able to identify errors in optical data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong active listening skills. Spanish fluency not required but preferred.
- Effectively collaborates with others as a part of a team to reach mutually agreeable outcomes and to resolve potential conflicts. Builds relationships and works well across functions.
- Essential problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in analyzing quantitative data using MS Excel. Excellent analytical skills. Ability to utilize data-driven insights about important process metrics to improve process efficiency and throughput.
- Manages multiple assignments simultaneously and has strong organizational skills.
- Employs effective time management skills.