Construction Coordinator II
Job ID: 1168771
Date Posted: 10/25/2019
Farmers Branch, TX
Eyemart Express is seeking a Construction Coordinator II who will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of construction and remodel projects for the Design and Construction department. Under the direction of the Sr. VP of Design and Construction, this individual will also be responsible for taking the lead on “minor mod” remodels. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with proven construction estimating and project coordination experience. Strong technical, communication and organizational skills are required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors the construction process and ensures that projects are completed on time and according to specifications.
- Uses engineering and technical knowledge to ensure that components, systems, and equipment complement the project.
- Coordinates scheduling of construction and provides communication with project management regarding progress and conflicts.
- Provide administrative support for the Sr. VP of Design and Construction
- Study and understand drawings and specs.
- Create work schedules for tenant improvement projects.
- Review fully executed leases and extract lease exhibits that pertain to construction.
- Track and maintain log of all permit activities and preconstruction environmental inspections.
- Participate in closeout meeting between Project Manager and Contractor.
- Develops and manages various aspects of contract documents including plans, submittals, change orders, as-built, etc.
- Maintain construction documents in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Track capitalized labor.
- Maintain and track all field related action items such as; minutes of preconstruction meetings, contractor’s superintendent’s daily reports, punch list activities and verify completion.
- Utilize software management tools (Projectmates) to maintain all project documentation.
- Coordinate and participate in QC building envelope drawing review.
- Review and assist contractor with QA/QC manual to ensure compliance with general conditions of contract documents.
- Maintain coordination between all separate contractors onsite so work on those contracts may be carried out smoothly, without interference or delay.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with architect/engineer/contractors in the regular course of project construction.
- Maintain daily field reports, and progress photos.
- Assist project team in reviewing contractor pay applications for percentage complete and material invoices for verification of fixed items vs. expendables.
- Attend Pre-Construction meetings addressing site related issue/concerns to contractor.
- Coordinate punch list work so as not interfere with usage of the completed project and ensure seamless turnover to operations.
- Assist in review of A/E drawings and specifications.
- Assist project team in developing individual trade scopes of work.
- Coordinate with Project Manager to review contract documents.
- Coordinate with Project Manager to establish construction milestones to be incorporated into the preconstruction schedule.
- Review Closeout Checklist with Project Manager for items needed from Contractor.
- Assist the project Manager in the compilation of the close out documents as required by contract documents.
- Provide final documentation of Equipment to maintained by FMM, this will include service manuals, warranty documents and serial/model numbers.
- Acquire and manage installation of utility service accounts for new store projects.
Experience and Education
- 3-5 years’ experience in construction background
- Construction Management or Business degree preferred
- Proven experience in construction estimating and project coordination
- Excellent project scheduling skills
- Fully Proficient in software management tools (Projectmates)
- Project scheduling skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent time management skills
- Problem solving skills - Ability to handle moderately complex issues and problems
- Possess strong working knowledge of estimating software
- Ability to read and understand Architectural plans and specifications
- Effective communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure while handling multiple projects