Process Assistant - 2nd Shift - Full-Time - Farmers Branch
Job ID: 1215676
Date Posted: 01/02/2020
Farmers Branch, TX
Distribution Center Process Assistant
Starting Wage: $17.75/hr
$0.50 hourly differential
The Process Assistant is a member of the Eyemart Express Distribution and Fulfillment team and will be responsible for their designated process within the overall operation of the warehouse. The Process Assistant will oversee the successful day to day operation, metrics and 5S in support of their designated process performance goals on their designated shift. The Process Assistant is also responsible for exception handling to ensure timely and accurate flow of product through their designated process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Warehouse and Distribution Manager to plan labor and productivity goals for each shift and attend daily production meetings to coordinate with warehouse leadership in support of overall warehouse operations.
- Monitor daily operations within the designated process path and advise Warehouse and Distribution Manager on labor changes based on operational metrics throughout the shift.
- Process and control exception handling generated by your designated process path.
- Accountable for successful operation of your designated process with respect to task completion, work in progress management, exception processing management, 5S maintenance and enforcement, and safety metrics.
- Monitor and analyze performance and operational data within your designated process path. This includes but is not limited to cycle time, first pass yield, units per hour, throughput, inventory accuracy, quality and safety.
- Advise Warehouse and Distribution Manager on process improvement projects and Kaizen events.
- Organize, plan, and execute training of associates that work in your designated process path.
- Maintain 5S standards within the area of operations of your designated process path.
- Execute operational, process, labor, and 5S changes on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis with the approval of the Warehouse and Distribution Manager.
- Review operational performance of your designated process path with the Warehouse and Distribution Manager on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Perform direct roles both within and outside of your designated process path when necessary or when directed to do so by the Warehouse and Distribution Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in warehouse and distribution operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong active listening skills. Spanish fluency not required but preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (excel, word, powerpoint).
- Effectively collaborates with others as a part of a team to reach mutually agreeable outcomes and to resolve potential conflicts. Builds relationships and works well across functions.
- Essential problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in analyzing quantitative data using MS Excel. Excellent analytical skills. Ability to utilize data-driven insights about important process metrics to improve process efficiency and throughput.
- Manages multiple assignments simultaneously and has strong organizational skills.
- Employs effective time management skills.