Inventory Control and Quality Assurance (ICQA) Process Assistant - Full-Time - Farmers Branch
Job ID: 1215690
Date Posted: 01/02/2020
Farmers Branch, TX
Inventory Control and Quality Assurance Process Assistant
Starting Wage: $20.00/hr
$0.50 hourly differential
The Inventory Control and Quality Assurance (ICQA) Process Assistant is a member of the Eyemart Express Distribution and Fulfillment team and will be responsible for their designated process within the overall operation of the warehouse. The ICQA Process Assistant will oversee the successful management and accountability of inventory in the Distribution Center. They are responsible for conducting cycle counts, reconciling backorder reports to ensure inventory accuracy and pick efficiency, conducting receiving and stow audits, and reporting actions and results to the Distribution Center Manager. The ICQA Process Assistant is a member of the Distribution Center leadership team and can be asked to cover responsibilities of peers on the leadership team as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct daily cycle counts of inventory in primary and secondary locations.
- Conduct audits of the daily backorder report generated by Eyemart systems and the Distribution Center Manager.
- Conduct audits of the receiving process to ensure proper receiving procedures and quality.
- Conduct audits of the stowing process to ensure proper stowing procedures and accuracy.
- Report progress and findings to Distribution Center manager and internal partners as needed.
- Act as the shift leader as required.
- Fill in for peer Process Assistants and Distribution Center Manager as required.
- Maintain proper levels of inventory accuracy, bin location accuracy, and process quality in support of Distribution Center operations to include receive, stow, pick, pack, and ship processes.
- Generate, propose, and execute Kaizen projects in support of Continuous Improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in inventory control and quality assurance operations and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong active listening skills. Spanish fluency not required but preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (excel, word, PowerPoint).
- Effectively collaborates with others as a part of a team to reach mutually agreeable outcomes and to resolve potential conflicts. Builds relationships and works well across functions.
- Essential problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in analyzing quantitative data using MS Excel. Excellent analytical skills. Ability to utilize data-driven insights about important process metrics to improve process efficiency and throughput.
- Manages multiple assignments simultaneously and has strong organizational skills.
- Employs effective time management skills.