Optical Lab Technician - Part-Time Jefferson City #250
Job ID: 1216996
Date Posted: 01/06/2020
Jefferson City, MO
Optical Lab Technician
This is for a part-time position.
Optical Lab Technician experience is preferred but not required. We are willing to train.
Are you looking for a career that will bring you “home?” A career with a company that has one of the absolute best store leadership teams on the planet?! Well, you just found it!
One of the nation’s TOP optical companies, Eyemart Express is seeking candidates with strong technical skills for a position at one of our store labs. For nearly 30 years, Eyemart Express has been setting the pace and the standard when it comes to delivering an awesome customer experience along with great prices and the fastest service anywhere! We have full-service labs in every one of our stores! And we’re growing every year with new stores opening throughout the country. Your career growth potential is endless!
So, if you’re looking to join a company that leads the industry in service, quality & speed, and that is rapidly expanding to well over 200 stores, then Eyemart is the place for you! If you have the drive, the talent, along with the leadership experience in bringing teams together and exceeding goals, then we want to talk to you. Take a look at some of the things the role consists of and send us your resume today!
The Lab Technician will be responsible for cutting, edging, and creating prescription lenses to ensure customers can receive their new prescription glasses in a timely manner. Once the glasses are complete, the Lab technician is responsible for taking the glasses to the retail floor so the glasses can be dispensed to the receiving patient. Other duties and responsibilities are listed below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and work with basic optical laboratory equipment, tools, supplies, and materials
- Consistently adhere to hourly deadlines for finishing jobs
- Correctly read and interpret prescription specifications and input into computer properly to ensure lenses are cut properly
- Maintain the lab area and equipment in a safe and organized manner
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly lab equipment maintenance as scheduled and in accordance with lab/equipment manual specifications
- Understanding of and ability to add and/or subtract positive and negative integers
- Perform multiple concurrent tasks at several different equipment stations in order to maintain acceptable job flow
- Read, comprehend and follow technical manuals and protocols
- Fill out all assigned reporting forms in a timely manner
- Read and interpret prescription specifications
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working in a lab or technical setting
- Experience working in the optical industry is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day per scheduled shift)
- Ability to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to approximately 45 lbs, on rare occasions aid in moving heavy lab equipment
- Must possess excellent hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
- Ability to operate basic office equipment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to identify and solve problems, and facilitate problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills - ability to prioritize and work quickly and efficiently when there are multiple customers to assist
- Ability to deal with stressful situations such as dissatisfied customers
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees
- Work is performed primarily in an optical laboratory setting
- Environment often fast-paced, deadline oriented
- Confined space with one or more employees at any given time
- May work alone in lab as necessary or with partner
- Exposure to dusts, fumes, glass and/or plastic lens particulates, standard chemicals found in optical lab (some of which may be caustic), metal alloy (solid and melted), moderately high levels of noise, fluorescent lighting, cleaning agents and electrical energy
- Will be working primarily with small manual tools (screwdriver, pliers, etc.), lenses and automated laboratory equipment