Director of Lab Operations - Home Office - Farmers Branch, TX #998
Job ID: 1224799
Date Posted: 01/14/2020
Farmers Branch, TX
Director of Lab Operations
Optical lab and Multiple Location management experience required
Under the direction of the SVP, Operations, the general responsibilities of this position are to oversee both our home office lab operations and over 220 store labs, ensuring proper staffing, training, quality, productivity, and maintenance are managed in accordance with expectations. This is a leadership role, responsible for the development and engagement of senior lab leaders, overseeing all lab operations, driving adherence with company policies and procedures, as well as managing overall lab expense for the organization.
- Responsible for the daily operation of both the central and store labs, ensuring operations meet or exceed all key performance indicators.
- Deliver an annual operating plan that contemplates store growth, staffing requirements and equipment needs.
- Develop and implement operational standards for all stores; leading to a reduction in overall cost, with improvements in both quality and customer service.
- Develop high caliber multi-unit leaders and build succession plans throughout the lab organization to support growth.
- Create a culture of operational excellence, accountability and collaboration where teamwork and active problem-solving result in continuous improvement.
- Leads strategic planning for all labs; supporting continual growth, including equipment acquisition, personnel and process evolution.
- Oversee centralized outsource production of home office lab, scaling process to support market growth and ensuring seamless connectivity to front-line needs.
- Owns research, testing and purchasing of lab equipment to support efficiency/cost improvements.
- Perform various cost analyses to determine the build/repair versus buy
- Oversee all lab budgeting activities across the chain.
- 10+ years of optical manufacturing experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have multi-unit experience
- Subject matter expert on optical manufacturing theory, process, maintenance and repair
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to analyze data and identify trends
- Able to foster collaboration across departments
- Proven success in developing field leaders and managing teams
- Ability to travel 40-60%