Help Desk Analyst (Level 1)- Eyemart Express Home Office - Farmers Branch, TX
Job ID: 1239026
Date Posted: 01/31/2020
Farmers Branch, TX
Help Desk Analyst (Level 1)
Eyemart Express is seeking candidates for a level 1 support position on our growing Help Desk. This candidate will be responsible for supporting all remote store locations and associates with any application, hardware and connectivity issues within a Windows-based environment.
Technical issues mainly involve OS/application, email, and printing support, troubleshooting telephone systems and services, network and Internet troubleshooting. The role also includes some limited support for doctor’s offices, as well as dispatch of and coordination with third-party vendors and technicians. The ideal candidate will bring high energy, curiosity, and great customer service skills into a role which is always evolving.
1 or more years of experience supporting laptop and desktop applications, hardware issues, Internet-TCP / IP connectivity, telecom phones and systems in a Windows environment preferred.
1 year customer service experience required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Role includes but not limited to: Network Support, Telecom Support, Software/OS Support, Printer Support, Credit Card Terminal Support.
- Take inbound calls from stores and associates.
- Respond to store and associate emails.
- Assist in setup of stores and associates technical services.
- Use ticketing system to accurately log issues, understand and interpret the problem or question presented.
- Responsible for creating vendor service tickets and follow-through to completion.
- Assist stores and associates with miscellaneous non-IT concerns
- Serve as liaison between staff and IT department.
- Document resolutions for future reference in ticket system
- Route calls and escalate issues to other personnel or departments when necessary.
- Build and configure PCs and peripherals, including creating/loading images.
- Perform PC upgrades and hardware maintenance.
- Assist with large-scale IT projects as requested.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 1 or more years of experience supporting laptop and desktop applications, hardware issues, and Internet-TCP / IP connectivity in a Windows environment.
- Incident tracking system experience.
- HS Diploma or GED
- CompTIA: A+ and Network+ Certificates; preferred but not required.
- Must be able to solve technical support issues remotely.
- Must be able to solve technical support issues telephonically.
- Ability to use remote desktop tools for remote assistance.
- Windows 10 OS experience.
- Ability to routinely lift and move equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a variety of individuals in various challenging situations.
- Very detailed in documenting technical issues in e-mail / ticket tracking system.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Desire to continue advancing technical skills and knowledge.