Job ID: 925103
Date Posted: 12/04/2018
Farmers Branch, TX
Eyemart Express is seeking a Project Manager with strong IT/Software Development knowledge to focus on our many, ever evolving IT projects. The Software Development team helps Operations as well as all of the back-office departments (Marketing, Merchandising, Supply Chain, HR, etc.) create new, better, and more efficient systems and processes, and we are looking for someone to help the many teams manage these projects as well as communicate progress on the projects.
Ideal candidates will have a can-do attitude, passion for project management, an IT/Software Development understanding, strong organization and communication skills, and will be able to get up to speed quickly. The Project Manager reports to the VP of IT and is part of a cross-functional IT Development Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high-quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Manages technical and non-technical aspects of the project including project requirements, impacted parties, organizing meetings, communication, etc.
- Plans, schedules, and ensures timely completion of the project.
- Assembles project teams, and manages resource allocation and day-to-day operations of the project.
- Serves as liaison between team members and management team requesting the project – also managing “priority list” with all requested projects.
- Assist the IT Team with special projects.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education & Experience Requirements
- 3+ years in a project management role
- Some experience working with Software Development teams – preferred
- A degree in a relevant technical or business program – preferred but not required
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills, and be able to prioritize multiple projects and priorities.
- Project Management background required – PMP preferred
- Self-starter with high level of initiative and a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships among all cross-functional groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to frequent changes and ability to react quickly.