Shop online today and save 30% + Free Shipping
Está a punto de ingresar a una página que solo existe en Inglés. Agradecemos su paciencia mientras mejoramos nuestro sitio. Disculpe las molestia.x
Retail Manager (Sherman #006)
Job ID: 993447
Date Posted: 03/13/2019
Eyemart Express is seeking candidates with a strong retail background for a Management position at one of our store locations. Under the direction of their General Manager, the Retail Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all customers who enter the store are professionally assisted with the purchase of eyewear. This is a leadership role, responsible for the sales, merchandising, and customer experience. A Retail Manager will perform sales, customer service, and some administrative work, in addition to store sales and quality goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Presence: There must be a manager or designated lead associate on duty in the store at all times. The Retail Manager must be a visible and accessible presence to patients and employees. The scheduled opening manager must report to work at least 30 minutes prior to store opening and complete daily store opening process, including mandatory daily bank deposits. Saturdays are mandatory work day for management, unless otherwise approved by the Regional Vice President (RVP).
- Performance Management:
- Ensure that all employees use the “lifestyle” selling approach and explain product features and benefits to all customers, to ensure that the appropriate premium products are being sold. Then use a summary style close to review the sale and to build value in the sale, ensuring that all customers understand not only what they are purchasing, but the value of the purchase as well.
- Train all staff to greet all customers upon their entering the store, and to begin assisting them within 2 minutes.
- Maintain store sales goals at or above company standards, seeking to maximize the store’s gross sales wherever possible.
- Patient Relations: Ensure total patient satisfaction, and resolve any patient complaints and/or sales discrepancies. In partnership with home office management, process any refunds and approve in-store credits.
- Eyemart Policies: Act as Eyemart’s ambassador by following and enforcing all company policies and procedures. Enforce company and local policies and procedures.
- Store Cleanliness / Maintenance: Ensure that a quality medical / retail environment is maintained by the use of daily basic housekeeping duties which include but are not limited to: vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, wiping down surfaces, cleaning bathrooms, window washing, etc. With approval of district management, schedule periodic deep-cleaning (carpet, ductwork) and facility maintenance.
- Inventory control. For example: receiving stock, maintaining proper merchandising as per home office guidelines, monthly inventory, following proper remake procedures. Maintain current edit audit logs to prevent inventory loss, and follow and enforce company procedures for employee discounted purchases.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working in retail, customer service or sales
- Experience working in the optical industry is preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day per scheduled shift)
- Ability to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to approximately 45 lbs, on rare occasions aid in moving heavy lab equipment
- Must possess excellent hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
- Must possess excellent finger and manual dexterity, control precision, steady hands/arms.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively in tandem with direct reports and produce quality work while adhering to job flow schedule.
- Ability to correctly read and interpret prescription specifications and input into computer properly.
- Ability to multi-task in order to maintain acceptable job & customer flow in the store.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, and facilitate problem-solving.
- Must have understanding of and ability to add and/or subtract positive and negative integers.
- Must possess time management skills.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations such as deadlines, rejected work, customer complaints, employees’ concerns, etc.
- Ability to work independently or with others.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow procedures, protocols, and occasionally, technical manuals.
- Ability to correctly and completely fill out all assigned reporting forms in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize and delegate store’s work load to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with direct reports.
- Ability to deal with constant interruptions, changes in work flow, changes in number of available direct reports, in a given day, and make sound managerial decisions in response.
- Work is performed primarily in retail store
- Environment often fast-paced and deadline-oriented, due to managing employees and also meeting customers’ expectations.
- Exposure to dusts, fumes, glass and/or plastic lens particulates, standard chemicals found in optical lab (some of which may be caustic), metal alloy (solid and melted), moderately high levels of noise, fluorescent lighting, cleaning agents and electrical energy