Social Media Manager
Job ID: 1223878
Date Posted: 01/13/2020
Farmers Branch, TX
Social Media Manager
As the Social Media Manager, you will create and execute the strategy to give our community the best experience possible, from engaging content to customer service, truly being an active part of shaping the brand as we continue to grow and expand. You are innovative, obsessed with culture and fashion trends, passionate about storytelling and love improving.
The Social Media Manager reports to the Sr. Manager Brand Experience and is part of a cross-functional Marketing team.
- You live and breathe social and tweet, 'gram, snap, and pin with the best of them – staying current with the changing trends of these channels
- You are editorially savvy, with a good eye for cohesive storytelling
- You have a keen understanding of social media KPIs and optimization
- You are witty, passionate about trends and culture, and can start a conversation with anyone
- You work with a "no task is too small" attitude
- You are always open to new opportunities to improve, thinking "how can we do this better?"
- You believe that what we are doing is truly great and want to grow and shape our growing culture and brand
Duties and Responsibilities
What You'll Do
- Develop and build Eyemart Express’ strategy around content, voice, and community across all channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Youtube) to increase brand recognition
- Create compelling content that embodies brand voice, style, tone, and visual identity
- Manage day-to-day social media content: schedule/publish, real-time monitoring to identify opportunities or issues, engagement, dark posts, etc.
- Maintain a social calendar that aligns with product launches, events and key brand and cultural moments, and act quickly to take advantage of unplanned opportunities
- Measure and report on follower growth, engagement, and community response time across all platforms
- Manage the influencer marketing initiative and coordinate with vendors on content development
- Leverage editorial, partnerships, and PR initiatives to develop content that aligns with broader goals and increase brand awareness
- Engage quickly with followers across all social media channels and effectively communicate customer sentiment, concerns, and feedback
- Support creatives, strategists, and cross-teams with content curation, distribution and engagement
- Social Listening and Web Analytics for trending content, conversations, topics, events and news
Education & Experience Requirements
- 3+ years of experience developing social media creative, social community management, editing copy, and engaging with page visitors
- 2+ years’ experience with analytic tools such as Google Analytics, Sprout, TrackMaven, etc.
- BA or BS in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- Commitment to excellence - working nonstandard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy, identifying emerging platforms and trends to drive innovation
- Extensive knowledge of social media best practices
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Google Docs
- Flawless spelling and grammar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The charm to build relationships (internally and with clients)
- Innate curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit