Job ID: 1233811
Date Posted: 01/24/2020
Farmers Branch, TX
This associate is a member of the Eyemart Express HR Team and will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of biweekly payrolls for hourly and salaried associates. Eyemart Express has over 2,000 associates across 40 states.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of multiple biweekly payrolls; review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions.
- Responsible for the coordination of efforts between payroll, human resources, accounting, and store locations to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data.
- Administration of the company’s electronic timekeeping system within UltiPro:
- Monitor submission of approved timecards and follow up with store managers to ensure all timecards are completed within necessary payroll deadlines.
- Upload biweekly employee hours (i.e. regular & OT hours, PTO, holiday time, ETC.) into UltiPro.
- Serve as point-of-contact for all employees using the UltiPro Time Keeping System.
- Adherence to FLSA; monitor submissions of approved timesheets, ensure valid data transfers to/from payroll service.
- Administration of employee incentive earnings in the company’s point-of-sale system .
- Import weekly incentive earnings; upload into the payroll system and audit for any errors.
- Maintain correct employment status (active; FT/PT; leave of absence; termination) within the POS system, so that incentives are calculated correctly.
- Employee Record Maintenance
- Review submitted changes in accordance to policy including compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Process all employee pay, tax, and status changes accurately and within payroll deadlines.
- Audit all new hire data including tax set-ups, I-9 documents, PTO accruals and FLSA status
- Process all employee terminations, following correct procedures to ensure:
- compliance with relevant state law regarding final pay;
- compliance with applicable state laws and company policy regarding PTO and/or sick pay
- May interface with third party payroll vendors (i.e. UltiPro contacts) in regards to payroll balancing for tax purposes.
- Partner with Accounting in following unclaimed wage processes and deadlines.
- Respond to payroll-related calls and emails from stores, giving accurate information and using discretion and positive communication. Emphasis on customer service principles to best serve all internal and external customers.
- Assist with department projects as necessary (new systems implementations; periodic audits; insurance, open enrollment, etc.).
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 2-4 years in a payroll department performing all payroll functions.
- Multi-state payroll experience required.
- Experience with Ultimate Software required.
- Experience with tax reporting preferred.
- Familiar with unclaimed wage processes & procedures preferred.
- FPC and/or CPP certification(s) preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion regarding employee pay rates and general employment status information.
- Self-starter who takes initiative to drive all payroll activities.
- Customer-friendly attitude and approach.
- Excellent problem-solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to think through payroll situations and recommend best course of action.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Team player.
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system.
- MS Excel - Intermediate level or higher.